Oh so decadent! These Chocolate Turtle Cupcakes are made with Salted Caramel Creamer and topped with Caramel Buttercream Frosting. Drizzled of Caramel Topping and Hot Fudge, then sprinkled with mini chocolate chips and chopped pecans. And you guessed it…they are easy!
Happy Cupcake Tuesday! I’m so excited you are here! Looking for a cupcake recipe? Be sure to check out the Cupcake Heaven page, there are over 250 cupcake recipes and decorating ideas!
There are many flavors of cupcakes that I adore. But when I bake Chocolate Cupcakes, they almost always go straight to the top of my favorite list. Turtle desserts all started with a candy from the early 1900’s, Turtles. These delicious treats are made with pecans, that are coated with caramel and dipped in rich chocolate.
And the Turtles Candy has been transformed over the years and made into delicious desserts, like Turtle Cheesecake Pie.
Starting with a Devil’s Food cake mix, I added International Delight Salted Caramel Mocha Creamer in place of the milk or water. And the usual eggs and oil. For the frosting, I started with my Buttercream Frosting recipe and added caramel topping. Super easy and delicious!
Do you love the flavors of Turtle? You may also like my Turtle Cheesecake Pie!
Yields 24 cupcakes
Decadent but easy cupcakes. Recipe on HoosierHomemade.com
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
- 1 Devil’s Food (or chocolate) cake mix
- 1 cup International Delight Salted Caramel Mocha Creamer, or milk or water, according to the package
- 1/3 cup oil
- 4 eggs – room temp
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Salted Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 cup Shortening
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4-6 tablespoons very cold milk
- 8-9 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
- Caramel Topping – store bought or make your own caramel
- Hot fudge or chocolate topping – store bought or make your own hot fudge
- Chopped Pecans
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Bake and cool cupcakes
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butters and shortening until smooth, about 3-5 minutes
- Add vanilla and cream together
- Gradually add 4-5 cups of powdered sugar
- Alternating with a couple tablespoons of milk
- Gradually add remaining powdered sugar, alternating with more milk until desired consistency
- Mix in caramel topping until smooth
- Fit a decorator bag with a #1M Tip and fill with frosting. Pipe on frosting
- Fill plastic squeeze bottles with caramel and hot fudge, drizzle over frosting
- Sprinkle with pecans and chocolate chips
Join us over in the Cupcake Chronicles Facebook Group. It’s open to everyone, so please join us over there to share your cupcakes, ask questions and chat with other cupcake lovers!