These delicious Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes with Sweet Cream Frosting have a few ingredients including a surprise ingredient that adds a creamy flavor! The frosting is over the top delicious!
Now that Summer is officially over, it’s time to move onto the best baking season of the year! I know…I know…what about Christmas baking? For me, I have to honest, I love Fall Baking more than Christmas baking. Now don’t get me wrong, I love a decorated sugar cookie just as much as everyone else, but there are so many other things to do during the holidays – shopping, wrapping, parties, the list goes on and on.
With the weather cooling down, it’s time to fire up the oven and get baking. These Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes are a must make! And yes, you guessed it – they are super easy.
The Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes start with a box mix. I used Devil’s Food, but you could use any chocolate you like or even Gluten-Free cake mix. Then I added a small box of instant chocolate pudding to add a rich flavor, the usual ingredients – 4 room temperature eggs and 1/2 cup oil. Then the surprising, really easy way to add flavor – International Delight ® Toasted Hazelnut. As you know, I am a huge fan of the International Delight Coffee Creamers. Not only in our coffee, but in many of the desserts, cupcakes, and sweet treats that I have shared with you. And adding the creamer to cupcakes is the easiest way to add more flavor.
Now the frosting – OH this frosting! I could have (or maybe did) eaten it by the spoonful. It’s light, yet rich. It’s creamy, and full of flavor. It has only 3 ingredients and is super easy to make.
The Sweet Cream Frosting was delicious on the Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes, and goes perfect on a wide variety of cupcakes and desserts.
To frost the cupcakes, I used a #1M decorator tip fitted in a decorator bag and swirled the frosting on. The frosting is nice and firm and holds up well to decorating. Then a few chopped hazelnuts for a little crunch.
Visit the International Delight to share in your Delightful Moments
For giveaways and coupons, sign up for the International Delight Newsletter. It’s FREE!Print
Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes with Sweet Cream Frosting
These delicious Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes with Sweet Cream Frosting are easy to make. With just a few ingredients including a surprise ingredient that adds a creamy flavor! The frosting is over the top delicious!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 24
- Category: Cupcakes
- 1 box Devil’s Food Cake Mix or other chocolate cake mix
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup oil, canola or vegetable
- 1 cup International Delight Toasted Hazelnut
Sweet Cream Frosting
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup International Delight Sweet Cream Creamer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and add liners to pan
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well
- Note: batter is a little thicker than normal because of the pudding
- Divide batter into cupcake liners using a scoop or spoon
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Cool completely
- In a large bowl, cream butter until smooth
- Alternating powdered sugar and creamer, add gradually mixing well after each addition
- Add frosting to decorator bag fitted with a #1M tip
- Swirl on frosting
- Top with chopped hazelnuts if desired
This conversation is sponsored by International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.