Fall baking season is upon us and nothing says Fall quite like apples and when you add caramel and nuts, you simply can’t go wrong! This Caramel Apple Nut Crumble has apples, caramel and nuts layered between a buttery, crunchy crumble.
There isn’t a flavor combination that I like more than caramel and apples. Well, except maybe chocolate and peanut butter, but who doesn’t love those flavors? I’m excited to once again be sharing recipes with you featuring Fisher Nuts. Last year I shared some my favorites with you like Cherry Almond Poke Cake and Pecan Caramel Popcorn Crunch. During this Holiday baking season and into next year, watch for more recipes.
One of best things about a crisp, crumble or cobbler is how versatile it is. You can serve it at a dinner party, take it to a potluck, and it’s easy enough for a weeknight dessert. This Caramel Apple Nut Crumble starts with a partially baked crust, then topped with chopped apples, chopped Fisher walnuts, and Homemade Caramel Sauce poured over. Then more of the butttery crust on top and into the oven it goes.
We are blessed to live near many apple orchards and love going as a family. We even grab warm homemade doughnuts and cider while we are there. Along with all of the Fall decorations, next to Christmas, it’s my favorite time of year!
From now until October 21, 2014, you can enter the My Fresh Twist recipe contest. Recipes must include pecans, walnuts or almonds and will be judged on their originality, integration of nuts, taste, and visual appeal. Each submission will be featured on www.myfreshtwist.com where Fisher Fans and their friends and families will be able to vote to select the top ten finalists. Voting will take place 10/22 through 11/4. Chef Alex Guarnaschelli and a panel of judges will choose the grand prize winner from the finalists.
Grand Prize Winner:
- Trip for 2 to NYC including airfare, dinner and accommodations
- Meet Chef Alex Guarnaschelli
- $500 cash
- $100 Visa gift card
- Signed copy of Chef Alex Guarnaschelli’s cookbook: Old-School Comfort Food
- Fisher Nut Products
- Copy of Chef Alex Guarnaschelli’s cookbook: Old-School Comfort Food
Click the button below for all the details
Caramel Apple Nut Crumble
Perfect Fall treat for parties, easy enough for a weeknight dessert. Recipe on HoosierHomemade.com
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups flour, all-purpose
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 1 cup chopped Fisher walnuts
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce – homemade or store bought
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 13×9 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl
- Mix in butter until mixture sticks together in small clumbs
- Spread about 2 1/2 cups of the crust mixture into the baking pan evenly
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Meanwhile, chop the apples and nuts
- In a small measuring cup combine caramel sauce with 2 tablespoons flour
- Remove crust from oven. Add apples and nuts. Evenly pour caramel sauce over the nuts.
- Top with remaining crust
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes until golden brown
- Serve warm or cold, with or without ice cream and additional caramel sauce
Visit Fisher Nuts for more recipes, follow them on Facebook and Pinterest for more recipes!