There is something to be said for an ooey, gooey chocolate brownie – sometimes we just need to indulge. These Brownie Goody Bars are super easy too! They start with a brownie mix (or make them from scratch if you like), topped with frosting and then to send them over the top – a mixture of peanut butter, chocolate chips and rice cereal.
I first tried these delicious Brownie Goody Bars a few years back when I visited Betty Crocker Kitchens. I’m not sure what I liked the best – the moist brownie on the bottom, the creamy frosting or the combination of chocolate and peanut butter with a little crunch on top.
Perfect for just about any occasion – they are easy to serve at potlucks or picnics, can be made ahead a day or so, great for a birthday celebration but elegant enough you could serve them at a dinner party.
- 1 box brownie mix, 9×9 inch pan size plus ingredients to make them
- 1 container vanilla frosting or homemade
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- ⅔ cup Peanut Butter
- 1⅓ chocolate chips (I like Milk Chocolate)
- Bake brownies and let cool.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and Peanut Butter
- Heat for about 2 minutes until slightly melted, stir until all the chocolate chips are melted
- Add chocolate mixture to cereal, stir until all combined
- Frost the brownies with vanilla frosting
- Spread cereal mixture over frosted brownies
- Refrigerate for 1 hour until set
- Cut into bars
Love Brownies and Bar Cookies? You may also love my Brownies and Bars Pinterest Board!